Monday, August 04, 2008

Sick Day XXIII



I’m sick of fear tactics. I’m sick of Fire and Brimstone threats by religious leaders. I’m sick of the constant Republican/Homeland Security terrorist level threats. I’m sick of the threats of a environmental doomed future by the Green people. I'm sick of economists predicting financial doom for the world. Often what they say is akin to a foreman on a job sending all the carpenters home for the day because there simply weren't enough inches to go around.I’m sick of people over consuming.

Speaking of consumption, I’m sick of the over-use of the word “Organic.” I am intentionally no longer buying any item that is “certified organic.” The certifying agencies are so full of crap that it is sickening.

I’m sick of the over-use of the word “sustainable.” Trust that if you don’t operate your business in a sustainable fashion you will one day be out of business. Using the word "Sustainable" is a lot like placing the word "New" on a package of a product that has been around for years.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jaggy said...

I'm totally with you on all of these but one: I work at a certifying agency. Sorry...?

7:27 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Jaggy, If you work for Oregon Tilth I'd love to ask you a few questions. My email is bbpress@intergate.com

7:57 AM  
Blogger weese said...

we now buy whats cheap. and that generally never says organic.
o well.
i may die young...but i won't die poor.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

I adore that graphic.

Totally on board with you regarding the certifying companies.

9:47 AM  
Blogger india flint said...

back in the seventies every second shop was a 'ye olde' something...and now of course green is the new black. even down to factories in China making plastic bottles to sell to polar fleece companies who 'recycle' them so they can sell 'reclaimed clothing' to the innocent

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaggy: I need certified.

Guy: Need some Pepto? I don't think it's organic.

6:39 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

g, you are certifiable.

Tumbleweed, that's a new one for me with the plastic. Sounds about right in this day and age. Rat bastards, all of them.

Syd, I take it you and K made the attempt? BTW Never try to get chickens certified.

Weese, I'm with you, no need to worry about it at our age.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

I do NOT work for Oregon Tilth. While the people there may be nice as can be, I don't really like the whole "organic" message.

I'm with Mr. Guy about you, g. Here's your sign (please staple it to your forehead so we know you're nuts). ;)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

No, we never tried. We don't sell our shit, so there's no need.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Did I tell you about that toxic something scientist I went out with that said NOTHING is truly organic - our ground is so f-d up.

8:47 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

As GMO has invaded many of the crops. Virtually all corn on the planet has been crossed with GMO.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home