Friday, February 19, 2021

Anticlimax

 OK, for the few of you who replied I was hoping to share with you a new direction for the Astoria Rust blog.  I was going to move all of this into a You Tube vlog.  I spend a lot of time on You Tube these days.  It's my on-demand source for entertainment and education.  It's a good format, but I've made some attempts at starting the filming process with an iphone and a Gopro and I couldn't stand it.

The stuff I'm watching has at least some technique and editing, but have you ever tried using a video editor?  It's a nightmare.  Maybe I'm showing my age, but as a Boomer I've coped and overcome tech challenges since I owned my first Sinclair computer, my Apple I and Apple IIe.  I continued overcoming challenges with my IBM-XT and DOS its amazing 10MB hard drive.  Then came Windows.  I noticed the beginning of my tech downfall after Windows 95 was replaced by Windows 98.  Since then it has been two decades of my barely treading the tech waters with all the new things such  Android, IOS, Windows 10, Linux and Unix...

Another deterrent from producing videos is that I can't stand the sound of my own voice.  I truly considered running my voice through a synthesizer program.  Maybe it would come off better sounding like Stephen Hawking.

I must say that I do miss blogging and miss many of the friends I made along the way in this on-line environment, though many are still with me on Facebook. Facebook has been a means of thoughtless communication for me.  It's easy with little writing required. Just a good place to post memes that echo my cynicism and sense of irony.

Yes, gone are the golden days of blogging, but I suppose I will continue on from time to time.  I refuse to blog on a daily basis like I used to.  It is a fine way to communicate, though I may tend to look like the wall paper in your grand mothers house from time to time.  Please bear with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Facebook almost ruined my desire to blog, although I never stopped totally. I thank Trump for that; all his followers on Facebook drove me back to my blog. Once I limited my Facebook time, I found lots to blog about. I have a blogging friend who lives near Astoria now.. maybe 2, because there's another who lives in Washington, I'm just not sure where.

6:31 AM  
Blogger ccbees@gmail.com said...

Donna, Nice to see you are still writing. You have a lot of heart The way the population is growing out here I think everyone will know someone living in Astoria soon. I've lost count now but a few years ago I counted 45 new houses have been built within a mile of my house over the last 30 years or so.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had the energy to blog again �� - Auntie

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home