Saturday, August 19, 2006

Fridays in Astoria


While driving through Astoria on Friday evening I was surprised to see the flag wavers in the 8th street, Marine triangle. As I turned the corner I saw that the anti war people were still at the Post office. Damn, I thought, these folks are committed. It’s been how many years now and still these people come every Friday to express their opinion.

It was then that I realized that this may continue for years. Not only because we will probably occupy the Middle East for generations to come, but neither side is going to blink. If the flag wavers leave it is a default win for the Peace People. If the Peace People leave the flag wavers win.

There is a good chance that your great grand children will be able to go down town on a Friday; honk their horn at those who they support and flip off the group they don’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home