Monday, June 02, 2008

Sick Day XXI


I am sick of show tunes on KMUN. Does anyone actually think any of them are any good? The singers are raspy, and usually off key. The songs are rarely ever any good. They may be musically interesting, but the lyrics are corny. I know people used to listen to Elliot Naar for lack of any better entertainment back in the day, but seriously how can this tradition still be going on?

I’m sick of concrete sections of freeways. There is a section up by Tacoma where my truck was bouncing like one of those cars that are all tricked out with hydraulics. Come on WDOT, pave it. I’m sick of Interstate 5 in Washington and Oregon.

I’m sick of all the wind at my house now that the trees are all gone. I’m sick of stumps. I’m sick of having a project list that is so long that it will take years and tens of thousands of dollars to finish.

8 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I could do an, "I'm sick of..." list but I'm sick of thinking about what makes me sick.
On a more positive note, I'm grateful that this early in the morning the figure in the picture is just spewing water.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a less positive note than Beth- I'm sick of I-5 too! Just yesterday I was trying to determine how long the interstate into downtown Seattle has been torn up. I think it's close to a year now.

10:50 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, you must be used to it my now?

Bayou, aka "New Car Girl" That road that goes through Belleview isn't much better.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was feelin'... so bad...

I asked my family doctor just what I had..

I said, "Doctor(doctah!)....Mr. M.D(doctah!)....can ya tell me, what's ailing me"?

He said, "yeah yeah yeah-YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!"

All I need....is...

no more:

Politics, Californians, reading about the school board flap in Jewel, tourists, Young's Bay Bridge closed at night, $4.00+ per/gal gas, Portland sportsfishermen, Portland street people moving to the streets of Astoria as well as a whole raft of other daily aggravations including drama mamas, dingbats, whackos and wingnuts

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you need more fiber in your diet.

9:00 PM  
Blogger weese said...

My project list is very short.
It doesn't mean there isn't a lot to do.
I only wrote down a couple things.
Makes me feel like I have alot of free time.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

One of these days, Guy, I will convince you that you're worth the $13 a month for XM. Really, you are.

I'm sick of Hillary. I'm sick of daily gas price hikes. I'm sick of allergies to Scotch broom.

12:33 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Anon, see my post tomorrow 6/5 about politics.

Weese, the problem is the list is in my head and I am unable to shorten it.

Mo3, be sure to read my post on Friday about XM.

It's funny, I so out of ideas that I'm now writing about comments I get. I think I need some time off.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home