Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's Time


Though it is November I will mourn the last of my summer traditions that will end today. I will reclaim the tradition next summer when we feast on corn on the cob, water melon, black berries and garden fresh everything. Today, in a few moments I will consume my last BLT of 2008.

The tomatoes are still coming on in the greenhouse and I could continue having BLTs for another month or so, but my dance with bacon is ending. Like any guy, I could probably eat bacon every day; every meal, but my wife is the bacon police. She keeps track and she knows I purchased three packages of it this season. She told me, “That’s it for bacon this year.” If I buy it again I know I’ll have hell to pay.

It’s just better for me to hold back, plant tomatoes early next year and long for the day that color comes onto the fruit. I will rush to the market to get some thick sliced pepper or maple bacon and see how much bacon I can get away with next year.

11 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

You are so whipped. :-(

5:50 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

ahaha... no more bacon for you!
BLTs are one of my favourite things in life. i am sorry for your loss.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Uncle Walt said...

Does "Canadian Bacon" count?

Bacon Police? LOL!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might give Boletus Lettuce & Tomato a try. Sliced and sauteed savory King Bolete makes for a delightful substitute in my book, and there are some BIG ones out there right now under the Spruce trees.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, honey. Now you got me thinking how I can smuggle some fried pig-fat to you.!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe,,,Canadian Back bacon...hehehe...Canadian maple syrup...hehehe Poor Guy. He wants to live forever.

Moose

2:32 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........bacon. Time to switch to french toast and sausages!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love bacon.

oh man, i reallly like maple bacon.

now i'm hungry!

6:22 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, STFU!

Dalia, I do need balance in my life.

Walt, yep pork police want me to live longer so I can continue serving. Canadian bacon is basically ham, but if you are talking back bacon, I can't have that.

Anon, I don't trust mushrooms. Really, I can wait until next year, and I'm getting sick of all the tomatoes, too.

Other anon, please don't. BTW I love it when you call me honey ; )

Moose, You know I want to move to Canada, I'm just getting ready in advance.

Darev, there too I'm limited to three eggs a week by doctors orders.

If only women would wear bacon perfume, they could rule the world.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Bacon police. I like the sound of that. Apparently, in California, it's now a law (Prop 2).

7:40 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

mmmmmmmm......... bacon perfume.... drooooool.....

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home