Saturday, September 26, 2009

Amy’s Nuts



I find that a lot of the blogs I read are written by people that are foodies. Sure they write about other things most of the time, but once in a while their fingers hit the culinary keys. Let’s face it, we all eat and we can really enjoy when ones passion surfaces in writing about creativity in the art of food.

Our Amy recently hid this recipe in one of her posts. I tried it and I love it. Thanks Amy!

Mix one cup of sugar (or Splenda) with 3 tsp. of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of salt in a small bowl.

In another (larger) bowl, beat two egg whites until frothy. Pour in 1 lb. of nuts (whatever kind you like) and mix until the nuts are coated with the egg whites. Mix the sugar mixture into the nuts. When they're fully covered, turn them out onto a well greased cookie sheet, and pat it down so it makes a single layer. Put the nuts in the oven for 30 minutes at 300.....take 'em out and let them cool for a minute or two until you can handle them.....break 'em up, and store them in a ziploc bag or candy dish or whatever....

7 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Hey, Amy is a longtime blogging buddy of mine! She and I come from the old AOL journals. She must have found her way here through my blog; I noticed she's been commenting on your entries lately.

5:57 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

She certainly is. And I'll bet they are yummy! When i once again have enough teeth I will sample them.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Well, you definitely don’t read my blog for “creativity in the art of food.”
But I too love finding recipes on other blogs. This one looks good - and easy! (Key word in my culinary lexicon.)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

these nuts are splendid. My Mammy makes them at the holidays and makes LOADS because we all love them so much. They have actually replaced her historically much beloved home-made almond roca as the new family holiday favorite.

Great on salads too!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Aren't they just ridiculously addictive?! I love them! Pecans are my favorite...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Sounds yummy. I might actually have to break down and use my oven for something besides storage.

1:24 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, when ever you mention me on your blog my stats go through the roof, and some people keep coming back.

Darev, you don't want to be gumming this treat.

Beth, I read you for the heart you put into your writing.

Auntie, How come Mammy doesn't come around any more, neither does the Boy.

Amy, being from Texas do you pronounce then as P-Cons or Pee-Cans?

Tango, wouldn't that surprise your friends!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home