Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed


We took the horses out for a trail ride today. We wanted to see the true trail capabilities of the new horse. He was a little shy of going through water, but he followed my horse; who will go through just about anything. By the end of the ride both horses waded through several pools of water deep enough that we had to lift the stirrups to prevent our feet from getting wet.

One highlight was when we finally got to the beach. We access the beach at the same location that cars access the beach. Here we have the ocean, the beach, the dunes and then the woods. There are large wooden poles in the dunes that mark the auto beach access. They don’t want people making their own trails through the dunes so they have marked areas for access.

It was atop one of these poles where we came upon a bald eagle. We see bald eagles around here all the time, but this was the closes I have ever come to one. It was close enough to see its eye color. It wasn’t concerned with us being there. We rode on the beach for a while and came back along the same path and the eagle was still there a half hour later.

It was a good day, but it was the kind of day that would have been good and remarkable no matter what I had done.

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good day. Me, I spent the day in my shop building things and getting covered with sawdust. It was a pretty good day for me as well.

6:58 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, I need to get into my shop now that it no longer rains in there.

5:27 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I actually sold an adirondack chair last week. Got orders for two and maybe four more. Working on a few different sizes and designs. It keeps me busy.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home