Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ag is About Sharing


The longer I'm involved in agriculture the more amazed I become at how giving Ag people are. Giving time and effort and getting back time and effort is a tradition in Agriculture. Think of a barn raising. Think of several combines harvesting a neighbors wheat crop. When finished they move onto another neighbors field.

I've been on the receiving end of this generosity on several occasions and I've been on the giving end of it on several occasions.

My father used to say, "If you want to get something done, ask someone who is busy." I have to agree because every one involved in Agriculture is always busy, but they always have time to help a fellow farmer. I enjoy being in their company.

4 Comments:

Blogger richpix said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pg_vpy2mxg

6:43 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

That kind of community spirit would be nice if it were everywhere. Around here if you have a big project going they just steal all of your tools. I guess it does save time in the long run...

7:38 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Rich, very nice! Thanks!

Darev,You have to get involved in agriculture, but then I know your distrust of corn...

5:28 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Corn.... Brrrr....

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home