Friday, September 10, 2010

Avast It Already


Remember how this blog was key in reviving the word “Keen!” a couple years ago? I actually heard people using the work “Keen” for about a month after that post. After the post yesterday I’d now like to revive the word “Avast.” So anytime you want someone to stop, pause or hold on tell them “Avast!”

I know you’ll feel like a total douche the first time you do it but you’ll see; it will catch on. Someone will probably even (eventually) remake the Sam and Dave song to Avast, I’ Coming …

If you are on the phone, avast someone rather than putting them on hold. Tell people you are going to avast at the store on the way home. There are so many opportunities to use the word avast every day. You’ll see, it becomes easier and easier.

16 Comments:

Blogger Trop said...

It's Pirates & Parrots Night at our every-second-Saturday gay cafe this weekend. I plan to say "avast" at every opportunity.

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

Trop, don't forget to use the term "Avast, and prepare to be boarded" as a pick-up line.

6:19 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I don't think you can use it like that. Well, you could, be it wouldn't be right. Avast is a command, not just some common verb. It would be like replacing all of the STOP signs with "Cease And Desist".

7:30 AM  
Blogger mark said...

Sam and Dave? I was thinking of the Supreme's hit Avast in the Name of Love.

8:16 AM  
Blogger g said...

I use Avast on my Win7 machine for antivirus. I found something better though - Windows Security Essentials. I haven't made time yet to change it.

7:02 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Trop, now that's the spirit!

Auntie, the Coast Guard is an untapped market for this word.

Darev, if it isn't a command they were the pirates talking to themselves?

Mark, Excellent!

g, is it free?

7:50 AM  
Blogger g said...

yes. but like i said, i'm moving to Microsoft Security Essentials (also free).

2:10 PM  
Anonymous auntie said...

WOW! you really didn't have anything to write a couple of days ago, did you! I usually have doubted you when you've told me this in the past, but the last two days of no "Guy" is proof.

come back soon!

7:33 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Hey! What the snap is going on here?

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the irony.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm worried. Guy... you OK?

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

he's just fine. saw him 5 minutes ago, smiling. probably waiting to see how many people notice that he hasnt posted anything in a few days.... AVAST ! (he did)

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Auntie! Now I'll be able to sleep tonight...

2:21 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I'm busy, yet strangely uninspired to write. Good time for a break, and I also enjoyed the irony.

3:55 PM  
Blogger mark said...

Okey-dokey; we'll just carry on without you for awhile.

7:43 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

My mornings just got a whole lot less interesting, you know.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home