Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Green Trolls


I’m really getting sick of the disingenuous people with proclaimed their green intentions. I know in the past I changed my position on LNG because those opposed to it were still driving their fossil fueled billboards to every anti-LNG meeting there was while leaving their porch lights burning brightly through the night.

Recently Facebook opened a new facility in Prineville. All the greenies are coming out of the wood work complaining that the probably most energy efficient building ever built still uses some power from Pacific Powers coal fired plant. Unless the greenies are totally off the grid they should shut the fuck up.

Next, I was watching the PBS show ART-21 the other day. One of the featured artists was Robert Adams, a photographer who I think lacks any skills in printing or composition. (There is a reason they make filters for poly-contrast papers. Learn to use them with that gray carp you are printing.) He was going on and on about this clear cut and how ugly it was, yet he was totally unapologetic about all his wood working projects and all the paper he burns through while making is books and prints. Does he think the wood products come from a magical forest that never dies? He is using more than his share, so he should shut the fuck up as well.

Happy Earth Day!

11 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Fanatics of any stripe are unreasonable and ridiculous. I eschew them.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people are just special. I spend my energy doing what I can to be "green" instead of spending my energy telling other people what they should do. It works for me. :-D

8:03 AM  
Anonymous gearhead said...

Its not just the porch light that they leave on throughout the night...
...its every single light bulb inside AND outside the house, burning 24 / 365.
Since you posted this, I have noticed scores of such morons.
Oh, and have you noticed how many of these trophy houses have FOR SALE signs posted because they are under water?
GEEEE, I wonder why???

8:34 AM  
Blogger mark said...

Amen Brother

6:53 PM  
Blogger g said...

They need to shut the f up and move.
I also eschew them.

Dirty whores, all of 'em.

I drive a prius. I know these things.

7:10 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, even when I get up on a soap box?

Anon, it's amazing how green most people have become, and that's because it is often less expensive. Why pay to dump when you can recycle for free, and drying laundry on the line is free... Economics makes green a good thing.

Gearhead, I can lend you my bb gun and you can take some of the lights out.

Mark and there is more, much more, many more...

g, that's called a Pious, not a Prius.

5:45 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Even when you get your dander up good and high, you are nowhere near as sanctimonious as most of those zealots. That's one reason I'm still here.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isnt the Robert Adams you mentioned the same one that lives around here somewhere and writes whiney letters to the editor railing against the evils of driving on Clatsop Beach? He must really be a piece of work.

10:13 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks D,

Anon, I know he lives across the river. I'm not sure if he writes letters since I refuse to read the Daily Astorian fro lots of reasons including their elitist attitude of what letters are acceptable to publish (as long as they agree with their editorial philosophy, excepting the occasional token letter from the opposition).

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Guy, its the same R. Adams...he is a great opponent of beach driving-one day he was down there and a terminally ill Califorina Sealion was in its death throes. Adams was beside himself with grief and full of woe that during this sacred passage that there were vehicles driving on the beach. He was so upset he decided no one should be allowed down there from then on. Then he wrote some letter condemning whoever it was who built a new house on the ridge above the northside of the Megler Bridge...According to him, I guess, people shouldnt be allowed to build a house around here with out his blesssing. The dude sounds like a first class asshole to me

8:05 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Anon, There you have it. And he is pretty untalented as a photographer. I just don't get it.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home