Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bonus 2nd Post Today, Dried Salmon Matters


I know that many of you never venture past this blog to the sister associated message board, and yes there is a lot of dead horse beating still going on there. Some of it is funny, but no matter how you view it, it is still an exercise in free speech where the public is allowed to voice their opinions and concerns anonymously.

There is another forum in town that affords the same opportunity to people. It has a lot of history in this community, and it fields the many of the same sorts of topics that arrive on this blogs forum. The difference is that I allow my opinion to stink up my forum, where the other forum is run by a consortium of citizens who keep their distance and allow the public to shape the opinions espoused there.

Some of the administrators of that forum have visited our forum and corrected misconceptions I had about the forum. They were also very receptive to suggestions that I made.

So imagine my surprise when I came upon their blog Monday morning. Imagine my surprise when I saw the name of their blog. Here is a link
http://driedsalmonmatters.blogspot.com/
Please pay them a visit and wish them well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy, you're such an inspiration. Now people are naming blogs after your colloquialisms.

I, too, hope this new blog is able to leave the nest and fly. There's plenty to chat about 'round these parts.

10:00 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks! And I don't even feel pressure to come up with more of them.

I agree, there is a lot to write about. You wouldn't believe the stuff I hold back on. There is a pretty reliable stable of bloggest here in Astoria these days. Lots of talented word smiths. I'm happy to be a part of this community and the community of writers. Do you feel like you accomplish your writing goals when you post?

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home