Saturday, August 09, 2008

Adornment


I once proposed a design for ear rings to a jeweler friend of mine. I wanted her to make a pair of ear rings that looked like ears. Dangling from each lobe would be what looked like another set of ears. It would be reflective of when people who wore glasses would be called “four-eyes” and those with ear jewelry could be called “four-ears.” Though I don’t know why, my suggestion was met with deaf ears, pun intended.

I went on to think about having nose rings and studs look like snots. Facial piercing jewelry could be made to look like hairy moles. While we are at it how about flesh toned tattoos?

10 Comments:

Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Guy, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but I think you might have a little too much time on your hands. I love the picture.

7:52 AM  
Blogger MissKris said...

I gotta get me a pair of those shoes! Couldn't be any uglier than my feet full of previously broken toes, ha!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

Mr. Guy... I have to wonder about you.

Miss Kris: they don't make shoes that look quite like those in the picture, but these are pretty close: http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

2:54 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

And, along with the flesh-toned tattoo, John Cage's 4'33" on the iPod.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guy I think you have climbed Mt. Cleverest and now you cant get down.

5:06 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Lori, and this is the thanks I get for entertaining you? Yep, you're probably right.

Kris, were you a dancer or just clutzie on your toes?

Jaggy, I love to keep you wondering.

Frank I'm always looking for Lemount Young. Now he was a minimalist.

CP, I'm ready to fall to my death.

6:41 PM  
Blogger weese said...

I love it!
do you wanna see my fleshed toned tattoo....

10:51 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Weese, I'd love to. Will you send a photo or do I have to see it in person?

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brings new meaning to the term "footwear", doesn't it? Maybe those tattoos would cover up all of those flesh colored birthmarks I was born with.

11:06 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Maybe that could work. I had one on my butt as a kid and it seems to be gone now...along with my butt.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home