Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Bacon Never Ends


Last month I wrote about having the last BLT of the year, which brought a few of you out in sympathy who wanted to sneak me some bacon contraband, especially Auntie. Really folks, it’s fine. I’d rather take a bacon hiatus which will make my bacon season even better next year.

Somehow bacon keeps coming into my life this year. I was recently visiting my friend, Kicki in Portland. She lives in a beautiful home, and as soon as I walked in she apologized for the smell of bacon that was in the air. I told her that men are not repulsed by the smell of bacon and in fact most men are attracted to it. Women could wear bacon perfume when they want to attract a man or a dog. It would work every time. Kicki found this philosophy very amusing.

I go out to my mailbox on Friday and there in was a padded envelope from Kicki. I wasn’t expecting anything from her. I laughed all the way up the driveway after the contents were revealed to me. As you can see from the photo above it was a chocolate bacon bar. Kicki, you warmed my heart.

11 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I love to come back inside the house on a cold morning like this one and smell bacon in the air (although we don't have much bacon these days).

Nothing says "home" like the smells of bacon and coffee intermingled.

4:18 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Mmmmmm..... bacon. (drools)

But bacon and chocolate? How incredibly odd. Heck, mine gets in the syrup when I have french toast and that isn't bad. But still.... chocolate?

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, they actually sell women's perfume that smells like bacon. For attracting men, of course. LOL

9:54 AM  
Blogger Patrick McGee said...

Really want to piss somebody off?

Take more than your share of bacon at the breakfast table on a Sunday morning.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Guy...
how did it taste?? and when the heck is "bacon season"? You americans seem to celebrate everything.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I would follow anyone to the ends of the earth that was wearing bacon scent!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

So you have a bacon hiatus and I have a chocolate one, let's get together in January and share the gift you received from Kicki!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like sizzlelean

6:50 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Slathers himself in bacon, wiggles his eyebrows at auntie and grins like a cheshire cat.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Nulaanne said...

Guy have you yet to try bacon salt. They carry it at all QFC's in Washington. It is really good on popcorn, french frys, scrambled eggs, anything that you want to have a taste of bacon too.

9:27 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, you must be fortunate enough to have Cliff cook it while you are out. In my situation, I come in from chores and I have to cook it.

Darev, I'll report back.

KNB, I don't recognize your initials, so welcome! HAve you encounter o'de bacon?

Patrick, and people do count the pieces and divide it up in their heads. I'm guilty of it my self. Too funny.

Keeks! So glad you made it here. I haven't tasted it yet, however read on for the solution. Bacon season to me is when the tomatoes are ripe and bacon gets turned into BLTs.

Auntie, you're easy ; )

Jeff, OK after your busy season, how about we get together and invite Auntie so we can drive her wild and we divide up the bacon bar and we can all blog about it.

g, another incredible fact of what makes you, you.

Darev, that's what Jess and I plan to do.

Nulaanne, interesting, I could add it to a winter tomato sandwich and get that summer feeling all over again. BTW we are still getting tomatoes out of the greenhouse.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home