Monday, March 29, 2010

Phone Wars


You know how so many things are cause and effect related like how it will rain when you wash your car. I have one that gets me every time.

First, let me state that I don’t like telephones. I don’t like to talk on the phone. It is rare that I ever get phone calls. The only calls I get are from the lumber yard telling me my order is in or from former students wanting some advice. On the other hand, my wife hates talking on the phone, too, but she gets probably 20 calls before I ever get one.

Back to cause and effect, I can guarantee that if I go down for a nap the phone will ring the moment I enter REM sleep. These calls are never for me. They are usually survey calls, political ads or wrong numbers. I need to turn off the ringers if only I could remember to turn them back on.

5 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

One of the reasons why we don't have a phone in the bedroom. If someone wants me that bad they can wait til I get up or come get me personally. I don't care for talking on the phone.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Turn the ringer off & enjoy your naps! Don’t worry about forgetting to turn it back on – if the call is important, they’ll leave a message.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn telemarketers. Give this a listen as to how to handle them...

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/qlztssnyzk--Telemarketer-Calls-Murder-SceneRadio-Telemarketers-The-Bob-Tom-Radio-Show-phone-call-

Moose

8:39 AM  
Blogger g said...

I spend most of the day on my office or cell phone.

When I get home, I don't answer the phone and it's rare someone calls me at home. Most of my conversation these days with friends is via email or chat.

8:03 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

It's amazing how we all seem inconvenienced by phones, yet many of us have several of them.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home