Monday, September 20, 2010

OK, I'm Back and You Get A Homework Assignment


Thanks for all your concerns of my well being in my brief absence from this blog. It’s the first break I’ve taken in four years. What happened and where have I been? No, I wasn’t visiting the Isle of Mann as the picture in the previous post suggests. I posted that because I was running in circles.

I could tell you I’ve been away all this time washing my truck. Not only would that be totally believable considering how dirty it was and yes I did wash, vacuum and roughly detailed it. This does not account for the several days that I’ve been away from writing.

I wasn’t even away camping with the horses and out of WiFi range. I’ve been home the entire time. I guess I just ran out of things to say and I gave myself an exercise in discipline not to write. You see, I didn’t sleep well unless there is something ready for the auto-post at 4am every morning. I was neurotic about having content every day. I’m over it. Now if I have it I’ll put it out and if I don’t I won’t. I started sleeping better when I quit worrying.

One funny thing about being gone, I went over to look at my stats for the last week. More individual visitors stopped by this blog while I wasn’t posting.

I have a weeks worth of stuff to post and after that who knows.

While I have you here I have a homework assignment for you. Please read this post from my archives. It will be relevant later this week when I post other never before posted skits I've written in the past.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Good Morning. Washing and detailing your truck for several day? Totally believable to me! :)
Welcome back.

4:45 AM  
Anonymous auntie said...

That is my favorite post of yours of all time. And, I believe, was posted just a couple of days after I met the "Guy" in real life.

Okay, I've read it, laughed again and ready for the next assignment.

5:54 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

NEED COFFEE
The sun rises over my keyboard
The Guy posts incoherent ramblings
Iambic pentameter is dead at last

Welcome back. You can come do my truck next time you need a break.

6:51 AM  
Blogger g said...

Blank verse, no villains, no heroes.

I love it!

6:23 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, you would seriously have trouble getting into my truck without losing your lunch. Seriously, the inside needs to be detailed with a fire hose.

Thanks Auntie, I'm getting it in order.

Darev, I've barely made a dent on my truck.

g, Brownsmead was disqualified, but you may be able to get back in the ring this year.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

EEEWWWW!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home