Monday, January 31, 2011

How Many Masks


I was born without the ability to get into another character. This is not to say I cannot have empathy for someone, I just can't become someone else. I wonder if people who are into Civil War reenactments or those who are really into Dungeons and Dragons can actually leave them selves behind and become someone else. If so, can they leave the character behind when the act is over.

I'm sure some people without multiple personality disorders can be more than one person, but I'm not one of them. For those who can it all brings to mind the philosophical question: Am I a man dreaming I am a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?

4 Comments:

Blogger g said...

I became a politician once. I'm back to normal again.

On a serious note, I was in a highschool play and got into character. Looking back, it was becoming someone else (getting into character). I'm sure it prepared me for politics.

7:03 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Being me is difficult enough. Some days I can't even pull that off.

3:17 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

g, Maybe you are acting now or else how can you resist taking a hatchet to some people.

Darev, I'm sure you become someone else when you are at work.

5:08 AM  
Blogger g said...

I feel like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.

The horror...

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home