Saturday, September 01, 2012

How I Spent My Summer

As you may have noticed I've taken several weeks off from writing. I have done a few note worthy things and I'll be writing about those things soon.  I didn't want to re-write articles that I write every summer about getting hay, the County Fair, or my annual trip to the dump.  If you want to see those articles look through the archives over the last five years.

It's been a leisurely summer for me.  I didn't have any major projects that depended on long days with no rain.  I rarely start any projects until after noon and I make sure I'm finished by 5PM.  Most days I wake up at dawn, I feed the horses, check in on the web and I turn in for a nap by 9:00AM.

It is now September and the summer is at a close.  We are two and a half months past the summer solstice.  It is getting dark out a little after 8PM these days.  Soon the rains will return and after that the winds will return as well.

So stay tuned, I will start sharing my summer adventures with you starting later next week. 


4 Comments:

Blogger g said...

Can't wait Guy! No major projects for me this summer. I spent most of it cutting firewood. By the time the monsoon season hits, I should have almost 3 years wood in the bin.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Just as I had given up on you!

1:40 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Yaaaayyy... He's back!

I've been slacking too. But my vacation is over today and it's back to the old grind again...

8:20 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

welcome back, buddy.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home