Friday, December 15, 2006

Bobs

Friends and readers. Last night we on the Oregon Coast got our asses kicked with a major storm. Just about all roads are blocked. There are utility poles snapped across from my house. Power may be out for days where I live. I hope all my local friends made it through this nasty one. You can bet there will be an article coming up about George Taylor...I will post as long as there is a battery in the laptop. With that said, here is todays's article.

Have you ever met someone named “Bob” who wasn’t crazy? I know, it’s kind of like believing in Numerology or Astrology, but think about it and notice it. When there is a piece on the news about criminals being caught, you can bet that the name Bob is the most popular name on the arrest sheet.

Want more? Who were the main suspects in Twin Peaks? All Bobs (except Leo). The murderer? Bob. What about the movie about the annoying guy, “What about Bob?”
Some Bobs try to hide behind the name Robert, but essentially they are all Bobs.

I once met someone named Sam who was as crazy as any Bob I had ever known. I was very suspicious, but soon found out he went by his middle name and his real first name was Bob.

Now I’m not saying that all Bobs are criminally insane, I am saying that they have a different take on life. One which is slightly out of step with the reality that most people who weren't named Bob,know.

12 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

The only Bob I've ever known was my grandpa, and to me he was grandpa not Bob. I didn't think he was crazy, but then concider the perspective here.

I have a similar name theory, except mine is about guys named Steve and they aren't crazy they are assholes.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting.

Thinking about this and, I don't have an argument. I cannot think of any Bob yet that I have known, heard of or met that was not nutty.

Could there be a female name equivelent? I am thinking Roxanne, Roxy. I have only known one of those and it was enough.

If you know of someone with a generater that would let you plug in the notebook for a recharge, that would work. I will be doing just that if we still have no power by tonight here in Hillsboro Beach.

Hang in there everyone!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I wonder what moosehead's real first name is..

hmm.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We have an uncle Bob in the family...he is not a blood uncle -- one of those childhood friend of my Dad's that we have always called uncle.....and don't EVEN get me started on him!!! He is most definitely outta step with the reality that most people who weren't named Bob know...nuff said!!

Portosan....you pickin' on Moosehead???

7:25 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Okay, this rocks. I am copying it and pasting it to one of my best friends, Bob, who won't get a real computer, only a MailStation because he's a self-admitted Luddite, who has a very clean house, but one that is literally covered with thousands of bits of pop culture. Yup, you nailed this one.

Then there's that guy who lives in pineapple under the sea...

2:42 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Power is still out here folks! Damn that Typhoon Bob that hit Astoria.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you call an armless and legless man floating in the ocean???
Hint...starts with a B and ends with a B. Nope...not Barb.
I believe that Porto is trying to out me! Suffice to say that I am from the same town as the Unknown Comic, but unlike him, I shall remain nameless.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_Langston

My take re the nuttiness factor in Bobs is that it is not restricted to the name but the result of being identified with a single vowel name. Think about it - Art,Bob, Bill, Burt etc - reminiscent of a prehistoric language where hanging on to your cojones hinged on your ability to not run with the pack and where rapid communication was a survival tool. Run Bob run meant that Adonis Metalapalousas usually got left behind for bait hence the evolution of the single vowel survivors...like Bob.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

Hmm, I have to agree about the Bob thing. And that teddy bear... oh I LOVE the straight jacket! I'm not a Bob, but that bear is very me. :) LOL!

11:01 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I bet we all have a little Bob in us. BTW Moosehead is not a Bob, but maybe the Frence version.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bang on!! As you well know Guy, my bottom half is French (Frence?? WTF??) and that is the location of the Billy Bob (pronounced with an Inpector Clousseau accent) residence.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad and my father-in-law are Bobs. In fact I bought my dad a t-shirt for Christmas that says, "Bob: The Man, The Myth, The Legend"

4:53 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Moose, your ability to find fault with misspellings is beyond that of an ordinary mortal.

It is true, Bobs ane myths and legends, yet crazier than shit house rats ; )

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home