Friday, March 30, 2007

Red Flags


Maybe I’m a little tweaky, well y’all know I am…so… OK, I’ll admit that when I meet certain people red flags go off in my head. I know it’s totally prejudicial and I know I shouldn’t do it, but my red flags are rarely ever wrong. Maybe my red flags enhance failure because I search deeper and harder for it because I know it is there somewhere. Maybe it is always there with everyone but I overlook it unless I see the red flag items.

OK, here goes, if I meet you my red flag goes up if:

You are wearing a barrette because you are a creative dreamer rather than a visionary.
Your name is Bob because I have yet to meet a Bob that isn’t crazy.
Your name is Robert (a Bob in hiding), see Bob above.
You have a bumper sticker that says “Easy Does it” you are too open to sharing your problems and recovery with strangers.
Your name is Joe and I am looking to have you do some work for me, because you able to do excellent work but you don’t think things through fully.
You have vanity plates.
You have a car with only two seats, (2 seats are OK for a truck).
You are a talkative man.
You are one who talks non-stop without asking any questions.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birks & tweed.
BIG RED FLAGS!!
:-Q

8:56 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Based on your list, no red flags would go up if you met me.
But you might end up adding to the list after meeting me...

BTW, I responded to Moosehead's gang bang dreams of yesterday...better late than never. (I'm referring to the response, not the gang bang...)

11:13 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Gearhead, guess what I'm wearing today...wearing every day?

Beth, I'm protective of those who travel here to read every day. I won't let anyone hurt someone here. Though he can be entertaining I will encourage him not to be an asshole and mind what he says. Fortunately you are literate and understanding of what he was getting at. It would have been unfortunate had you had a bad experience in the past with such an assult as he describbed. Hopefully he will quell his randy nature and consider the possibility of a bad impact.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You are a gentleman and a scholar...

(And to be honest, I wasn't too kind or nice - or whatever - with my comments.)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Hey! I'm wearing a barrette right now. Not because I'm a visionary or a creative dreamer, but because I don't like my hair in my eyes. You want to think I'm suspect? HA! I'm suspect for a whole lot more reasons than THAT, mister!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

roflmao gearhead!! I wear my birks from...oh, about now....till the snow starts to fly again....I have several different varieties!!! Guess red sirens would be going off for you if we ever met!! LOVE my birks!!

Guy...given your list AND the fact that you are a fellow birks wearer....we would get on famously if we met!!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, I guess emasculation is pretty nasty...

Mo3, you are a conditional wearer so you are fine. Hey, do you remember those really ugly ones they had in the Olympics a few years back?

Boo, we have a better climate here so I wear mine all year and have for several years now. For me its Birks, muck boots or garden clogs.

I'm glad that others have red flags as well.

6:11 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mo3? Are you wearing that damn thing in the house?

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home