Monday, March 26, 2007

Dumbassery



One word you find in a lot of blog article descriptions I the word, “Dumbassery.” I personally love that term.

I first described myself as a Dopey Blogger long ago, and I continue to run with that excuse when ever it is necessary, which as some of you know is pretty often. It’s my way of saying that opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink; mine included.

By calling myself a Dopey Blogger I make up for any inaccuracy in my data collection, besides readers shouldn’t believe everything they read on the Internet, either. If they do they risk becoming involved in dumbassery them selves.

With this said, I frequently find myself deeply involved in Dumbassery. Sometimes it makes the readers laugh, sometimes I laugh at myself. My most recent venture was a day when I was looking for a good photo of a television. I went to Flickr.com and put the letters TV in the search. Some popped up, but I couldn’t understand why so many photos were popping up of ugly women; correction…fugly women.

Now I’m not one who is put off by anyone who may be cosmetically challenged. I can find beauty in just about everyone unless their spirit is truly ugly, however these photos were disturbing. After going through about ten pages of listings I realized what else TV could have stood for. It all made sense to me. They weren’t fugly women at all. They were men who transformed themselves into a state of fuglyness.

One needs to carefully word their searches or be reduced to a state of Dumbassery as I was.

16 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

OMG (Homer) - what a delightful picture you posted! Kind of woke me up from my morning fog.

Love the fact it took you ten pages before you figured out what you were looking at.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Thank God I'm married! Let this be a lesson to Tryan, be careful, you never know what lies beneath!

7:29 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

It gives a whole new meaning to "Watching TV."

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

Thank you, Mr. Guy, for traumatizing my poor, innocent eyes. I'm going to go find some mind-bleach now. *shudder*

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what the big deal is....the person in the photo is pooping right?

10:15 AM  
Blogger RobbKidd said...

I almost feel out of my chair laughing so hard when I saw that picture.

10:16 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I figure if you can't get them with the content you have to use a good picture.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats not Victoria's secret. Thats Madonna, right?

4:25 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

OMG ROTFLMAO!

I, too, am a little "slow on the uptake" at times. But I have three little kids and don't sleep enough.

The sixties weren't kind to you, were they???

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy - you really know how to create a mood. Look what you did to Jaggy and TH. They are over on Jaggy;s blog flirting and talking about making waffles. Is that some new yute code word for something??
Maybe you could give TH some dancing lessons being as there may be no local ordinances in his town against you doing so?

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re Waffles

Yes I think there is something about waffles. I was over at a buddy's house yesterday and he was talking about a Girl he was getting serious with. Seems she went out and bought a waffle maker to make breakfast that morning and she left it at his house. When he told her she could take it, she said "I'll just leave it here because I'm sure we'll be making waffles again".

5:24 PM  
Blogger richpix said...

All I can say is I'm sure glad I watch the boob tube and not tv. ;-)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

I always wondered what Victoria's Secret was... now I wish I didn't know.

Hehehe, "making waffles." That's a great code word... for something like... breakfast, right? ;)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

If it makes you feel any better, I would have done the same thing.

It's funny as shit, though.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

don't worry guy, I've made a few TV mistakes in my past as well...I probably shouldn't admit any more than that ;)

7:53 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

By the way, folks, Syd was the one who sent me that photo. Thanks Darlin...

Anon, could be both.

Mo3 the sixties are still kind to me.

Yes, Moosehead, I'll be asking Jaggy and TH to get a room pretty damn soon here. Waffles are not just about breakfast, but the things that lead up to breakfast.

I hope to see a story and some illustration on your TV dumbassery on your blog in the next week or so, Lee. That would be sooo cool ; )

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home