Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Glamour Shots


There are very few things that totally creeps me out, but one of the major offenders is a Glamour Shot. This is a little hack shop in a mall that takes women who have either aged beyond recognition or really let them self go and they turn them into a something that looks like a transvestite in a freak show.

First they trowel on make-up, then they poof out the hair to make you look like you are from Tennessee or maybe a back-up singer for Tina Turner. Then they drape a glittery fabric over you that will expose your cleavage. This isn’t sexy by any means. They take a photo with a diffused filter. The photos that are printed could gag a maggot.

Ladies, if you are at all cosmetically challenged, please don’t get a Glamour Shot. They are vile and disgusting. I know you are getting older, we all are. You may feel that you are losing your looks, but this is not the answer. I know your family won’t tell you this, but trust me, that isn’t you in the photograph. If you want to feel good about the way you used to look, have some old photos of yourself restored. That is the way you really want to be remembered, isn’t it?

9 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

Guy - who gave you the right to use MY glamour shot on your blog?
Check out my dogs, huh?

5:39 AM  
Blogger Trop said...

I totally agree Guy. I think a woman looks best when she's not wearing makeup. Her so-called "imperfections" are usually the very things I find endearing.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm inspired! I'm thinking of having a Glamour Shot done for an endless supply of gag gifts - and to creep you out!
(But don't hold your breath waiting for the pic!)

7:38 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Aunte, they're calling the "dogs" these day, eh?

Trop, I don't like makeup at all. I fell that the more makeup one wears the more they are trying to hide.

Beth, I've only seen your blog photo and the previous one with the floppy hat. It is my goal to see you some day, even if only in a photo. I'll trade if you're willing.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if ours is the only species capable of grossing each other out?
Fat and ugly is one thing. But I'll bet..

Comment deleted
This post has been removed by the blog administrator.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I have never liked those ridiculous shots. Even so, I wear almost no make up, always have. Yet the pressure to wear more makeup has always come from other WOMEN, who shake their heads at me because I don't pay enough attention to my beauty regimen.

Go figure.

9:47 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Gearhead, don't blame me for your good sense to edit and censor your comments. I've only spanked you once over a comment. What, do you have a special file with those words in it where you copy and paste it when needed. I bet you use that on other forums as well.

Mo3, I agree, you are a natural beauty and I loved the photo you posted yesterday on your site.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Elleda Wilson said...

I, too, find those glamour shots repulsive. I think what gets me is that the women wind up looking bizarre. No matter how bad they may think they look, the reality has GOT to be better than looking like a trussed-up Playboy reject.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Are you saying you'll have a Glamour Shot done of yourself and we'll trade those??
It might be worth it - seeing you in drag.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home