Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's Time


OK brother and sister Bloggers and readers, from what I’m reading you’re all starting to get too depressed out there. The days are getting shorter and it’s time to bring out your light boxes and get a handle on your Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). I know you think you are just in a temporary funk, but it’s going to get worse and you know it.

If you are depressed and tired and you don’t have a light box, get one. We don't want to hear you whine for the next eight months.

If you do have one; get in the closet and yank that bastard out and dust it off. Brew your coffee and read your favorite blogs while you dose yourself every morning with light. It’s time! I can see it, most of you need some light. Trust me!

10 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

Thanks for the reminder, Guy. You are so right!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

I think I have reverse SAD. The rain makes me happy, and the sun takes it out of me.

Guess that means I'm living in the right place!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ah, but do these light boxes have environmentally friendly bulbs? I'm getting depressed just thinking about that.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Trop said...

Where does one get a good light box, and are they expensive?

7:30 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Thanks for the reminder Guy. I need to make sure I have one this winter.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

By the time winter hits here, I'm ready for the clouds. It's way too sunny here.

7:59 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, told you so.

Jaggy, you should move to the coast where is can be especially dismal. Personally I moved here for the gloom.

Beth, they come with flourescent
bulbs or with light emiting diodes that cast a blue light.

Trop, here are some at Amazon.com
Amazon.com SAD Lights They run from under $100-$300. It just depends on the lux and how close you need to put them in front of your face.

Lelo? You actually get depressed? I figured you to be a very up type of person.

Love Anon and Auntie, care to testify?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a SunBox and I like it. I turn it on while I read the morning news and sip my coffee. Just about 15-20 mins per day keeps this girl from super-gloom. Not sure of the specs on the light though....

Love,
Anon

6:41 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I have an Go lite that is very compace, smaller than a laptop. Has the blue bulbs.

In fact its so compact that I cannot find where I have put the F-ing thing. And you are right, it is time.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Elleda Wilson said...

One of the main reasons I moved up here was because I was sick to death of too much sun! And I get skin cancer, besides, from a youth misspent on beaches.

Bring on that gray! Rain's nice, too. It cheers me up.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home