Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Finely Tuned or High Strung


I am always amazed by what can be felt. We humans are sensitive creatures. Someone can give us a glance and it will alter our mood immediately. We can smell a scent and it will change our mood immediately. We can feel or hear something that will change everything as well.

My latest ritual of reading the paper over a cup of decaf on the back porch in the evening recently showed me how powerful feeling can be. I was there minding my own business when I heard the buzz of a mosquito close to my ear. I slapped my face and I don’t know weather I got it or not, but from that point on I just felt like I was crawling with mosquitoes. I had to go inside, and even there I still felt like I had mosquitoes on me, so I had to take a shower to get that mosquito feeling off me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

I like to sit on my front porch in the evening too. And, I had mosquitoes buzzing. Then, they sprayed--because West Nile is so bad here--and now, no problem. I probably shouldn't have inhaled so deeply that night they sprayed though, huh?

6:06 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

When Cliff and I take our daily walk, sometimes we'll pick up a mosquito or two. Like you, we swat the rest of the way home.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Mr. Princess and the Pea? I would have paid a small amount of money to have seen you slapping your face like that on your porch :)

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back when we were so much younger-when long summer evenings stretched into the twilight-we were game for any entertainment that involved living things...To let those skeeters have their way upon our young soft skin--to feel the tiny sting of the "hose" breaking through-watching the body swell with it's crimson catch...then when it was full, SLAP! Smash the offending critter where he stands to leave a fresh warm blood smear on the arm.
Ah, youth.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Maybe a wee bit finely tuned and high strung?
You let those damned things get to you! I'll stay and do battle until I get two or three bites - at that point, I surrender.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So thats it!
I must of had a mosquito on me.
I thought you were slapping me all about my face because we had talked over 4 hours....

8:33 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

We seldom have mosquitoes thanks to the bats and spiders we allow to share the place somewhat. When one does happen by, my biggest problem is getting it to drop me off before it flies too far away with me still attached to it:)

10:59 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

If you think I'm over sensitive about mosquitoes you should see had badly I react if I ever see a flea...

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home