Friday, August 31, 2007

Wanna Look Silly?


Let’s say you are reading the news paper while you are listening the Nightly News on OPB, by the way the best news cast in the world… Anyway, they are interviewing someone and this person sounds intelligent and is making some damn good points on the subject at hand. You can’t resist, so you put down the paper to watch the interview, but then you notice that the person you heard who sounded so bright was wearing a bow tie. All their credibility is immediately flushed down the drain all because they wore a bow tie.

I'm not talking about the formal black bow tie that one would wear with a Tuxedo, but rather the pedestrian, everyday bow tie instead of a neck tie...

They could have been dressed in a Hawaiian shirt. They could have been dressed like a pirate. They could have been dressed like Raggedy Andy and I would not have been prejudiced in the least, but slap on a bow tie and I immediately think “fool.”

Yes, I am that shallow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike S said...

I think any sort of tie is outmoded and unnecessary. Hats as well, any hat!! Bare head and zero tie!!:)

12:50 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I haven't worn a tie in years now, shoot, I haven't worn any thing other than jeans is years as well.

Now you must have a full head of hair to go without a hat. Back in the day I could be out in the rain for ten minutes before my scalp would get wet, but now I can feel the moisture on my head when it's raining off the coast.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Big ol' bald spot onna crown here. The rest is real long & combed back, so covers it some.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Humans wear a lot of silly things. You have inspired me, I must pontificate over at my blog.

12:03 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mike, a dew lap?

Mo3, nice article.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home