Sunday, March 23, 2008

Politics


I am getting more annoyed by the pundits as time goes by. I don’t care which side they are on. I am just as annoyed by Jim Hightower as I am by Rush Limbaugh. Everything they say is truth that is bent far past recognition.

The problem is that the truth of any situation is usually so boring that it needs to be bent just so people who like to argue can discover points and counter points.

Sadly it is often the winners who have their version history adopted as truth. In reality many of the historical events were in reality hardly worth a mention.

5 Comments:

Blogger richpix said...

You're so right. It's not only the pundits, it's what passes for news, too. Most stories are over hyped and blown out of proportion to make them sound more exciting. I saw a story on the Midwest flooding the other day where they kept showing a school bus stuck in open water. However, there were no kids on the bus and the driver got away safely. It was no different than any other vehicle stuck in the water except that it was big and yellow and made the story seem more thrilling.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

History belongs to the victorious. Somebody famous said that, but I'm too lazeeee to look it up:)

11:56 AM  
Blogger The Rambling Taoist said...

Legislation itself tends to be boring. That said, I work for an organization that has created an online database of local legislation with absolutely no commentary! So, there's no spin and no hype. Just the legislation itself.

1:41 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Rich, it's hard not to be slanted, but imagine how refreshing it would be to read unslanted reporting.

Mike, you can credit me for that one...what the hell...

Toaist, good resource, and it is sortable by state which is really cool.

7:39 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

I think the Taoist may be humble. I enjoy his blog when he's up to posting on it: The Rambling Taoist

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home