Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Purrrrr


This was the first weekend in many weeks where I’ve actually been able to stay at home. The rain on Saturday afforded me the opportunity to have the luxury of a nap. What a luxury it was.

Normally when I go to bed for the night I will sleep on one side or the other, however for some reason when I nap I will sleep on my back. This is probably because if I napped on my side I’d sleep for six hours.

Anyway, I was napping on my back in a deep wonderful sleep and somehow I felt like one of the cats had jumped up on the bed and was purring furiously. It woke me up, but when I fully came to, I realized that it wasn’t a cat purring at all, but it was my snoring that woke me up. This makes me wonder if snoring is actually a manifestation of ultimate human contentment, a restful afternoon sleep in a warm bed.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that's funny.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Uncle Walt said...

Too funny!

I doubt people who snore because of deviated septum would say it's because they're so content. But who knows? Maybe they are.

I've woken to someone calling my name a few times ... only to find out it was myself. THAT is freaky.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope...snoring when you lay on your back has to do with the manifestation of your cojones slipping down into your butt hole creating a vapor lock...

Moose

...whatever happened to Gearhead? Did the admin delete him??

7:38 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Such a lovely theory but I believe people tend to snore while sleeping on their back. (It's a physical thing.)
And if you woke yourself up with the noise, I bet it wasn't just a purring sound you were making!

8:36 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Denise, if your husband ever catches you snoring you can use that excuse.

Walt, that is freaky. Funny, but freaky.

Moosehead, you crack me up! I spoke with Gearhead last week. I heard him on a radio phone in show. Too funny. I think he's down in California this week. It's a busy time for his type of agriculture down there right now. I think he's having a good year so far.

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, it makes a nicer topic for a story.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

I blamed the cats until SWMBO banished them from the bedroom due to the 'circus atmosphere'. Now I just get black & blue from her 'hints' to roll over:)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Ahhh. A nap. Just thinking about it makes me happy!

1:57 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mike, it's time for your own room.

Mo3, Purrrfect!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

That snoring sound thing? Well, it has the same affect on me as Flipper-laughter.

6:47 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Lori, That's why I won't invite you to nap with me.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Drat. Foiled again.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home