Saturday, March 08, 2008

It's Entertainment


Have you ever dated someone in the entertainment industry? Did you find it to be a one sided relationship and that you were merely there to feed an ego?

I once dated a minor local (east coast) rock star. It felt as though I were just along for the ride. Her stage persona was mild and sheepish and somewhat dingy, but her off-stage ego was stellar. We had some fun and then we fizzled out and I don’t remember why. I guess it was inevitable and it all worked out well for the both of us.

I looked her up on the net today. She’s still out there working her music. I heard some samples of her stuff and it sounds the same as it did in the 80s, which isn’t bad. I never have been able to continue doing something for 30 years without changing it somewhat if not dropping it all together. She must really love what she does.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that was a tease, still doing music and no link or anything? I'm sure all the readers would agree that were super curious now. I wanna hear it to!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Gotta loada 'celebs' have summer or ski places here(even some full-timers)and it's funny, but this place seems to change most of them into regular folks. The locally disliked (any W)Bush and Martha Stewart families are rare exceptions to the 'real folks' rule.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The McCall family and mine go way way back and I can remember Governor Tom McCall giving me lots of advice. One thing he told me that always stuck with me is "never be a name dropper".

12:58 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

No, Denise, sorry, it's better left to my memory and unwritten history.

Mike I doubt she would be considered as a celeb. She's living upstate New York.

Anon,any to prove your point you dropped McCall's name, but at least you remained anonymous, so I guess it all balances out.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Wish she'd STAY there!!! They hate her where her 'summer cottage' (mansion) is located. Even the rich summer neighbors don't like her!!
As for the W's, Dumbya decreed the gov't will no longer reimburse the town for extra security, traffic, and other related costs caused by them being in residence. Now the small town picks up a tab that's 3x as big as the entire budget used to be!! They're trying to get permission to sue for it. More expence!!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Where I used to live, the only celeb we had was Radar from MASH. He lived in a double wide. You'd see him at the KMart. I don't think the town had to lay out a lot in order to facilitate his visits there.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy... Of course I'm dying to know now.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home