Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Write to Remember and Then I Forget


I think that I write too much. Case in point, I was recently walking into the building where my friend, Barbie works. I was probably about fifty feet from her office I heard her distinctive laugh. It’s a great laugh and one that make you feel good if she is laughing as something that you may have said that was witty, but not a laugh you want to hear if she just caught you in an embarrassing situation.

She was laughing so I popped into her office to see what was tickling her funny bone, and I was honored to see that she was reading my blog. She quoted the line that I had written, and I frankly didn’t remember writing that line. I asked if she was reading what I had written or if she was reading a comment left by someone. The line just didn’t seem familiar to me at all, and it was a good line. I couldn’t recall the context in which I had written it.

She invited me to look over her shoulder, and there it was; something I had written and quickly forgotten. I was pretty embarrassed to find her laughter from my words turning into laughter over me being a dumb ass for forgetting my own words.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

The advantage to having such a lousy memory is that you get to chuckle twice over your own amusing words!
Added bonus - yet another chuckle as you laugh at yourself for forgetting.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

I was gonna comment, but forgot it before the screen came up:)

9:44 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, the next step is to be placed in a corner with a flash light.

Mike, we may need to change the name of your blog from Mike's Mixed Memories to Mike's Missed Memories.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home