Saturday, April 12, 2008

Monocles


I realized the other day that I have never actually seen anyone wear a monocle. Sure we’ve all seen Colonel Klink, Charley McCarthy, the Penguin and Mr. Peanut sport this fashionable eye wear from the 1830s, but why are there no monocles today?

From what I’ve read, custom made monocles fit the eye orb and are quite comfortable. I think it would be cool to see people wearing them again as a sort of bling. I bet the trend would last thirty seconds longer than the Nehru Jacket lasted. That could mean millions.

The look of a monocle would be a genteel statement and possibly the mark of a new civility in our nation. So come on folks, make your annual eye appointment and order a couple.

5 Comments:

Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

I think we've happened upon the reason you are not influential in the fashion industry. Just sayin'

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You first!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

My great uncle used one when reading. Never looked too comfortable to me. I always figured he was too cheap to buy glasses.

Geez, miss a few days and there's volumes to read!!!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ordering a couple of monocles would sort of make it a moot point right?

:) he, he

10:38 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Lori, You've got that right.

Anon, maybe I will and you'll all see just how cool it is.

Mike, hope you are on the mend. Yep this blog goes on regardless if anyone is reading.

Chantel, I actually need three; one normal, one bifocal and one sun glass.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home