Thursday, May 01, 2008

Hay Man, I've Got Some Grass


For being a relatively smooth grass, hay seems to stick everywhere. Normally I buy hay, stick it in the hay shed and dole it out to the horses twice a day, but it keeps turning up in the strangest places. It is all over my truck. There is a pile composting in the back of the truck, which is to be expected, but there is hay everywhere in the cab. I opened a tool box the other day and there was hay in it. I went out to my mail box the other day and there was some hay in it.

I remove my shoes and work shirt when I enter the house, yet I find hay in my bathroom. I find it in my desk drawer. I found it once in my lap-top. I haven’t found any in the refrigerator. Hay must not like the cold.

I was at a conference a while back and I was wearing a sport jacket. I found hay in one of the pockets. There is hay in my check book. I find it everywhere.

I recently found some timothy on my roof this winter. I haven’t had timothy for close to a year now.

Hay is truly amazing for its ability to get into everything and be everywhere. I bet hay can even be found on the Moon.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're making fun of the mentally challenged with that picture, Guy. Really, it has to stop.

Okay, that was the last one.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

perhaps you, like the gentleman in the photo, are made of hay and you don't know it......?

6:11 AM  
Blogger loopymamain06 said...

it's the hay gremlins, they are upset that the hay is dead and are trying to preserve it....that could be the only answer...
but nice post.
loopy

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you don't have problems with that "processed hay" on your boots....what the hay?

7:22 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mel,Something tells me it's not ever going to stop.

Auntie, Remember the first time you rode in my truck you went away with some hay. See what I mean? No one is immune. It's magnetic.

Loopy,I think each blade is possibly a gremlin.

Anon, fortunately that compost doesn't have the same magnetic quality. The boots live outside on the porch.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

The dog hair situation around here is now looking good in comparison.
Love that picture!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Think I was in my early teens when I learned all vehicles DON'T come with hay in them. Neat thing is that, no matter how good you clean, there's always some in a cranny waiting it's turn in the spotlight:)

10:17 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, that is probably more annoying than hay. At least to me it would be.

Mike, even after vacuuming the house, put the cleaner away and there it sprouts. Unbelievable!

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago I was the ONLY one who could go pick up a V.I.P. at the airport. The company vehicle was out so I had to go in my subaru despite the back being filled with two bales of straw. I was more than a little worried especially when I saw the expensive suit on the guy I was picking up. The gods were smiling on me. He turned out to be a real horse nut and his daughters raised dairy goats.

7:55 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

He's lucky you didn't have the dogs with you.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha, this is so true!
Orchard grass is especially noxious, though it is so yummy for the horses, and smells the nicest.

7:43 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I love finding timothy. Brims only gets it once in a while. Horses never leave any behind.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home