Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Link Search


Every once in a while I’ll get email from someone who found this blog via a link from some web site. Most recently I found that I’ve been linked at http://smalltownstories.ning.com/ This is a website that is attempting to bring small communities together and share the small town stories. I am happy to be linked there, though I’m sure their readers are disappointed when I post a sick day post or a post on the virtues of the music of Marilyn Manson.

I sincerely wish I could have a blog dedicated to a certain genre such as rural stories, but looking back through my June archives there seems to only be one quarter of the posts that touched on country life. I could run five or so blogs, one dedicated to music and arts, one for cynical opinions, one on local observations, one for childhood memories and one for rural and agricultural writings, but I would have a hard time posting to each blog on a daily basis. So for now this blog will still entertain all the things I feel like writing about.

I am now curious to find where (elsewhere) this blog is linked. Can anyone out share a free search service with me where I can find out which sites have links to this blog. I know some of you stat whores can get me exactly where I want to go. Better yet, if you have free time, do a search and report the findings. I’ll buy you a beverage of your choice the next time we meet.

7 Comments:

Blogger richpix said...

Technorati Will give you a few.

4:33 AM  
Blogger MissKris said...

I like to click on the Feedjit feeds that show me someone found me thru a search. I wouldn't even begin to know how to find who's linked to me...I'm such a techie dinosaur. I've been found by searches for "soggy boggy uterus" to "building storm shelters" to "Kris blog Portland". Would we be fascinated or horrified to find out how many searches could lead someone to us? Nice to see someone else is up and writing at this hour, ha! It's 4:40 am as I'm typing this.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All, I won't be available to ghost write Guy's column next week so if it returns to if you notice an increase or decrease in quality or prolificity its because Guy is back at it.

I need a break. All this commenting on my own writing has become an Onan- like burden.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Technorati is definitely a good place to start. Then google your blog and see what happens. Do you have a free feed stat tracker?

You can install one pretty easily and it helps track who's linking to you too.

P.S. Yeah I've been busy but I'm reading!!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Try this, Guy.

11:10 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Syd wins. She had the mother-load, though it it could have been whittled down to about 25 links because it counted each link with each new blog post.

Chantel, hope your move is going well, Darlin. I wish we could have met before, but I'll let you know if I ever return to S.F.

C.P. and here I was going to ask you to ghost write for me if I take August off.

Kris, I do miss seeing where people come from. I should reactivate the counter. I still have one, but I took it off the site and never view it.

Thanks, Rich. I'll try it too to see if it comes up with more filters than the other one.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Wow, that's kinda fun!! Guy's right though, coulda been whittled down and left up to the viewer to expand it to individual posts.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home