Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mel Revisited


I always find it interesting when someone does something and it is easy for an insider that knows them to see that what they did was a reaction or a knee jerk to an earlier trauma. As we progress through life we often spend our final years constantly jerking our knees.

Each of us has seen tragedy, though some react differently to it. I’ve seen people who witnessed the same tragedy, each having differing future reactions to it.

I keep tabs on my friends even though I’m not in communication with them very often. I visited my friend and film maker Melanie Brown’s web site recently and watched one of her films.

I was reminded of a friend who took her own life. I further thought of when I discussed this tragedy with Melanie who had a tragedy in her life of which I believe this film reflects.

Some people never leave us though they may have been unfortunately taken away too soon.

Thanks for the film, Mel. And by the way, I miss you and I promise to write more often.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

That video made me cry, Guy. But it was a good cry. Made me think of the person in my life (my father) who went away "too soon." You adjust but there are always those moments in life that bring it all back. This was one of those moments.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Very nicely done:)

2:23 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I always look forward to what she will do next.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home