Thursday, July 17, 2008

Seven Months Later


It’s been seven and a half months since the December storm and I’m still working on fixing the damage. I’m finally getting to work on the house, replacing the Westward side of the living room roof. Next I will move on to replacing the roofs on two dormers that were damaged by swinging cedar branches.

I’ve done a lot of roofing during my time out here and I’ve always used my pneumatic roofing nailer, but it finally quit working. I priced a new one ($300) and I’m back to using a hammer and nails. Fortunately I’m only laying down 4 square this time. If we get more damage next winter I will have to revisit the need for another one, but for now I’m hoping the roofs will out live me.

For now my work will continue by fixing broken arbors, cutting stumps, planting trees, getting more yard debris in a pile for a fire once the burn ban is lifted. After that maybe I’ll be able to get to the projects I wanted to work on this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger MissKris said...

Good morning! I've been up since a little after 2 and just saw your update! How nice to have the internet as a 'comforting diversion' on sleepless nites, ha!I don't think I realized just how devastating the December storm was until Dear Hubby and I were watching "Ax Men". I'm sure it'll take time for all to heal.

4:08 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

It was bad and still is. It changed a lot of lives here and people don't feel quite as safe as they used to feel.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home