Monday, July 14, 2008

Socks


Damn, I’m almost out of socks. I’m pretty rough on socks and I usually plan it pretty well. I found out a few years ago that it is more economical to buy socks around November and December. And I always like the thick, wool-like type. Costco gets a good supply of them in and I’ll buy several packages, but once they are sold out all they have are those white ones with the gray toes or those thin, what I call, business socks.

I’m now running very low and there is five more months until November. I may have to pay a big price for underestimating my annual sock needs. The problem is that I now forget just how many I bought last year, so I don’t know how many pairs I will need for next year. But then I could count the worn out ones. I use them as shop rags and I haven’t been working in the shop much so they should still be there for the counting.

So when I write about buying new socks in December, please remind me to go get more before they run out again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

You can never buy too many pairs of the perfect socks - or the perfect pair of underwear. Always overestimate.
Will you actually write about buying new socks in December?? If you do, I will remind you to buy lots. Promise.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Now I remember why I started wearing socks ONLY with dress shoes and winter boots. Don't miss buyin' them one bit either. Keeping shoes fresh isn't as hard as I thought it'd be either. (Not a recommended solution for those who walk a lot)Being disabled makes it easier too, little walking ability left.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always buy 6 pair when I'm running low.

I have several onezees that I'll sell ya

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate wearing socks, I hate wearing shoes for that matter. My office gauges the true onset of winter by me putting on socks. At least 9 months of the year I'm in sandals unless the occasion demands real shoes. Heavy hiking, working in the warehouse, out in the bee yard, or if the snow is more than ankle deep.

9:01 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, if I'm still blogging in December.

Mike, I'd think one would need warm feet in Maine.

Onezees are shop rags.

CCF, Hippy! ; )

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think you'd notice the grease...

7:22 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

A former lover of mine felt as you do about socks. I have left her $5,000 in my will so she can buy and never have to was a pair of socks and lose their goodness for the rest of her life.

10:04 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Damn, it does pay to sleep with you ; )

6:14 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

You know it baby. And, I'm hoping that I outlive her and it's the whole "thought that counts" thing. Ya know?

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home