Saturday, October 25, 2008

Animals Eating


We all know what fun it is to feed weird stuff to our animals. Feeding peanut butter to dogs is always good for a five minute laugh. Keeping an apple in your pocket will keep horses busy for hours trying to get at it. Feeding apples to horses is funny as well because they soon start drooling apple juice. Catnip for cats is always good for a laugh.

However I think I’ve found the most amusing thing to feed an animal. Spaghetti for chickens is hilarious. They slurp spaghetti like humans. I would love to find something like a six-foot strand of pasta and watch it disappear like an anchor rope in the water.

I know, I’m a simpleton…

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I've always enjoyed tossing strands of spaghetti to dogs. Messy, but fun.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I know you will give me shit about this, but we used to like to feed our horses (very seldom, mind you) either marshmallows or peanut butter. Hilarious to watch!!!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

The only thing funnier to feed chickens than spaghetti, is crickets. That is a SHOW.

1:36 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Is that feeding crickets to the chickens or spaghetti to the crickets? Either way, I'm sure it would be worth a giggle.

9:37 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, dogs have no inhibitions when it comes to eating. Especially hounds.

Auntie, I'm going to try the marshmallows on them today.

Syd, we don't have crickets around here. Oddly they are in the dunes by the ocean, just not here a couple miles from ocean. I guess I'll have to take some hens to the beach.

Darev, chickens and insects are pretty funny. You can see the chickens get really primal when they are after a bug.

Hey a new funny thing my wife does to the chickens is she picks some greens from the garden and holds them above the chickens so they have to jump to get at the greens. Jumping chickens is really funny.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home