Saturday, May 16, 2009

Nervous?


I find it interesting to see people get nervous. Not that I don’t have empathy for them, I do, but I just don’t understand getting nervous over things. My empathy comes only from my understanding of being anxious, which doesn’t happen to me often. My anxiety only comes from lateness. It’s not nervousness, it just a “Come-On!” kind of a thing. I don’t like being late and I don’t like when things that involve me are late.

I don’t know what it is about my make-up, but I just don’t get nervous. I wonder why I see the world differently than those who do get nervous. Being nervous never seems to help a situation so I find it odd that people don’t realize that at an early age and get over it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I find it odd that someone would NOT get nervous!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I used to get nervous about many, many things. I think being shy had a great deal to do with it.
I am very much over both "afflictions."

5:46 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I used to get nervous about everything and cover it the best I could with bravado. It still happens and I still do the same thing. At work I get the occasional adrenaline dump that makes me jittery. Like I suddenly slammed five cups of coffee. It's the old "fight or flight" response kicking in. There I cover it by getting pissed off and talking about removing body parts. It intimidates some of them. I guess I'm just the nervous sort.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

Hate being late.

9:29 AM  
Blogger g said...

i used to get nervous making speeches. the older i get, the more i like to talk. the last speech i gave on renewable fuels (while on the port), it was a seaside chamber sponsered breakfast. people started to get up and leave.

i guess they were done with breakfast.

these days, i say a few words at ground breaking ceremonies and building christening but that's about it. i always look forward to speaking now though. i guess i have more to say.

i do remember the panic attacks when i was younger though.

7:32 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, I guess I never envision the worst that could happen.

Beth I've noticed you coming out of your shell over the past two years.

Darev, in your business nervousness is a bad thing.

Auntie, you even get to places before I get there. Commendable.

g, I guess they were done with breakfast...too funny

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home