Friday, May 08, 2009

Takling My Language


I was talking about disease, parasites and maladies during one portion of my class last weekend, and there was one woman that was really tuned in to the presentation. And when this slide came up I could hear her say, “Oh those dirty rat bastards!”

I paused and broke out laughing. I guess I should have asked her if she reads Astoria Rust, but I was laughing too hard. If that was you in my class last Saturday, please let me know. I want to personally thank you for bringing joy to my life in class.

And you are right, they are dirty rat bastards!

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Well, I was definitely not in your class last Saturday but I have (on occasion) used your expression "dirty rat bastards."
Always picking up something new via blogging!

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

I use the term almost on a daily basis, thanks to you, Guy.

5:43 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Sounds to me like someone was channeling Jimmy Cagney during your class. Ten to one it was one of my relatives. They tend to do that sort of thing.

6:10 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth and Auntie, I'm happy to be an inspiration to you both.

Darev, no, your sister wasn't there, but I did call her today with an opportunity, but she got home too late.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home