Monday, July 06, 2009

Sick Day XXVIII


It is odd that this is my 28th sick day post, and all during this time I have never been sick. It caught up with me this weekend and I blame it on the heat. I moved two yards of 2 inch crushed stone to a spot between two pastures where it gets really muddy. Muddy places pull off horse shoes. Though we no longer shoe our horses I had to eliminate the muck. After that I went up to Jewell to get a load of hay out of a field. This involved latching the door on the horse trailer open, driving to where a couple bales are sitting, turn off the truck, get out, load them and then drive to the next couple of bales. It was 81 degrees at 6pm in Jewell.

I went back the following morning for another load, and I felt exhausted when I finally got home around Noon, so I took a nap and woke up at 5pm. I really need to unload that hay today (Sunday) and I do feel a little better, but I bet I relapse as soon as I am done. I simply don’t do well in heat. Thankfully it is supposed to get cool here again later today.

So dear readers, forgive my lack of ability to put out a sick day post as you have grown accustomed to, but I really am sick today.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Feel better soon!! :(

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

Get better soon. I need help, remember?

5:46 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Oooh... I know how you feel. The heat didn't used to bother me until I went to central america in '85 and managed to get a case of heat stroke. It was 130 degrees in the shade and like 900% humidity. Now I don't do so well in the heat. I need to move some place where it doesn't get above 85 in the summer. Or just go ahead and build my underground house so I can hide out when it's hot. I spend alot of time during the summer in cool showers.

7:43 AM  
Blogger a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

your so damn selfish.

yeah, i'm a douche.


feel better soon!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Ginger said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You might think about hiring some of the local kids to help you PU the hay next time. It stimulates their economy...not much else around here...and it keeps them in shape for fall sports. My daughter is a hard worker...Gwen has our #:)

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

well....you are alive. glad to hear it. we got some work to do this weekend entertainin' the outta town folks. :)

8:03 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks Tango, I do feel better. I think it was the hay dust.

Auntie, I'll help you even if I'm on my death bed.

Darev, the problem is you have to make hay while the sun shines.

Irish, you're my favorite Douche these days.

Ginger, you are right, I'm getting too old for this, though I'm not sure it would be worth their while to come out to load 45 to 50 bales and then wait three hours for my return, but I guess I could make it worth their while.

8:03 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

We will meet the famous Hahn At Our Home.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was in Jewell last Friday afternoon, and man, was it nice-It was 87, midafternoon. My rider started snivlin' she couldnt take the heat but too me if felt good-wanted to lay out in a field and bake the rot outta these old bones, but she wouldn't have it-I'm not much for heat either, and workin' in it is a drag (unless it's a hot August night on the lower Columbia and it's gillnet opener), but I dont mind layin' around in it, no I don't.

Sorry to hear you're ailing-worst time of year to get sick.
I just shook off a bug that was the bane of my existence for about two weeks-knocked the piss out of me. Then I remembered the garlic trick and chopped up two pretty good sized cloves of garlic and chugged those down with a swig of juice everyday-four days later I was good as new with fire shooting outta my ass.

10:16 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Anon, Had I known you would be there I would have had you and your partner load the trailer for me.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home