Thursday, January 21, 2010

About Face


Yesterday I mentioned that Bobby Applegate’s face resembled a parrot. If you think about it there are probably many people in your life that resembled different animals. Bobby had a small pointy mouth attached to a big round head.

I know a few horse faced people. One girl I knew looked a lot like a llama. She had a long neck and a short snout. I grew up with a set of twins that looked like raccoons. There are some people I see today that resemble cats and when I see a mouth breather I often think they look like fish. I’ve known a mouse and a rat.

I’ve seen some people that look like sharks and a few that look like apes. There is one local woman here in Dried Salmon County (boy I haven’t used that phrase in a year or so) with big round eyes that looks like she is constantly in shock. She doesn’t move her eyes, but moves her head to look at things. I’ve seen her around for at least ten years now and every time I see her I think of her as a chicken. The only thing that is missing from her is wagging her neck back and forth when she walks.

I’ve known jowly, saggy eyed people that resembled basset hounds. I’ve known people that looked like poodles and others that look like bull dogs. Fortunately no one ever found an animal resemblance in me, though being six feet two inched in the 7th grade I was often called a bean.

2 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

If it helps any, I always thought you looked a bit like Captain Kangaroo. I'm just saying....


veri word: lightes- What William Shakespeare smoked instead of full flavors.

7:01 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, that dosen't win you any points with me

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home