Monday, January 11, 2010

Awake


I sleep pretty well. I am able to empty my head before going to bed and I’m usually asleep within five-minutes of hitting the pillow. I have great empathy for those with sleep disorders because I have had bouts of insomnia in the past. I don’t know what caused them, but the bouts have disappeared as mysteriously as they arrived. Though there are still times that I wake up at two in the morning with a concern I can or should do nothing about.

Normally something stupid wakes me up wondering if I put I put my next dentist appointment on my calendar. I have gotten up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and noticed that a dome light was left on in the car or the truck. There I have to weigh if I think I’ll still have a battery in the morning. I usually go out and turn off the light.

A windy night is hard on me because I instinctually want go out and inspect for damage considering how something nearly always goes wrong here during a wind storm.

Last night I woke up wondering if I left my generator out. I had some work to do yesterday that would have required three power cords to be joined, so instead I figured I’d roll out my generator and use that instead. I finished up just before dark and got distracted by needing to bring the horses in and lock up the chickens. I left the out all night; I was sure of it.

I just came in and there it was right where I left it. Fortunately it didn’t rain last night, though had it been raining I probably would have gotten up at 2AM to wheel it into the garage.

5 Comments:

Blogger heather kathleen said...

i hate it when i wake up in a panic about something. sucks. usually my panic is about wondering if i just wet the bed.

what?

:)

5:57 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Nothing like a late night bout of ocd to ruin your sleep, eh? Most of the time when I wake up worrying or wondering, I'm up for the duration. I really hate that.

veri word: adipseta- Dammit. I got nothing.

6:23 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

i often keep myself awake long into the night thinking of many many things, but once i decide to empty the mental cache and sleep, that's it, i'm out like a light.

i'm a heavy sleeper, though. i always doze right through alarms.

which is a sign of sleep deprivation. i should prolly go to bed earlier.

9:41 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Selkie, I'd worry more if your coat were stolen. That's a Selkie thing.

Darev, Bummer. It's usually only a two hour bout. It takes me that long to stop caring.

Dalia, If I had your job I'd stay up all night scheming a way out. I'm glad you're doing that.

5:06 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING!!!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home