Friday, January 22, 2010

R.S.V.P.


The acronym R.S.V.P comes from "Répondez s'il vous plaît", a French phrase that translates to "reply, if you please." I suppose it is always polite to reply regardless of how small the message. I usually reply to all messages other than spam.

You may notice that if you post a comment on any of my posts here I usually acknowledge your comment a day later. I often even reply to comments on older posts and archived posts. Sometimes things do get by me where I’ll forget to reply to comments and I feel guilty when I finally do catch my error.

I guess I do this because I often like to get some sort of acknowledgement when I write someone. I don’t like to be kept hanging when I ask a question. I also suppose that I have a good reputation for replying to people’s comments, questions or emails. I guess I let someone down by not getting my usual last word in.

I was corresponding with one of the readers here. I sent her a question and she replied. A few days later I got the same reply from her again. She thought that since I didn’t reply to her reply I must not have gotten her reply. Se told me that I am usually very good about acknowledging her messages. Now when she writes and we are finished with a particular topic I will finish my final message with the words “Final Message in This String.”

I don’t want to leave her hanging. Let’s see if she replies to this post ; )

3 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

:) So if there is more, can there be a "Final Message to This String #2?

5:27 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I'm horrible about that sort of thing. If I don't reply right away, I'll probably forget. I should do other things in the mornings and leave my emails and such for later on in the day when I'm not so fuzzy.



veri word: Tefies: What Tess does in court.

7:48 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, that's when you start a new one.

Darev, it's a discipline.

Over and out.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home