Friday, August 06, 2010

Ag Cash


Another thing I love about ag people is that we barter and trade and exchange all sorts of stuff. There is an older woman I know that needed some help fixing some erosion problems so I went over and made some forms and poured concrete. I also replaced a faucet near her barn. In turn she told me I could have all of the T posts that she had in a shed. There are around 70 of them and considering new ones sell for around $6 each, this was a real deal for me. Now I can fence a couple more acres as pasture. If I get a few more I could fence all ten acres and let the horses roam.

4 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I think we should all make a move towards the barter system. Maybe I could beat up someone else's inmates for some leftover lumber.

7:02 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Barter is out there, just offer something and see what happens.

Darev, better not barter that because you'll feel bad about all the beatings you've done for free.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

My hub went and fixed the neighbors' A/C. The neighbor repaid his kindness with a copy of The Watchtower.

11:59 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Funny that people believe in that crap. At least they stopped predicting the date the world will end.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home