Sunday, October 31, 2010

He Was a Real Douche Bag


I was talking with my brother Saturday afternoon. Though our houses are only about three hundred feet apart I only see him at most once a month. We often talk about how different our lives are now in contrast to our former lives in New Jersey.

We talked about how his kids and one of my sister's boys got together in New Jersey recently. They all went out for lunch with my mother and sister. One topic of conversation was my father's eldest brother. This uncle was best described as a total and unrepentant douche bag.

At an early age I knew he was a douche and I knew to limit my exposure to him. He was a douche to me and a douche to my brother. He was a lazy, vengeful liar. I had forgotten a lot of the incidences, but my brother was able to refresh my memory of things I had long forgotten. I guess I'd put his existence behind me after I moved out here. I put a lot of unpleasant things behind me. Somehow three-thousand miles of distance can do wonders of one's temperament. Though I am more at peace right now, I still have little tolerance for douche bags.

5 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Don't hold on to douche bags or the vile stuff they spew! Eww! Flush them flush them flush them I say! And send them spinning on their way.

You got me feeling all Dr. Suessy.

8:26 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

Hey, Guy, I know you hate the Daily A, but you should check this out

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, family, don't gotta love 'em as far as I'm concerned. My family douche is an Aunt.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Carmine said...

Unc sounds like a toad stabbing knuckle monkey, yo.. if he winds up taking permanent goombah retirement hacked up in garbagebag sized pieces and stuffed into an oil drum under a landfill in Joisey?? Fuhgedabout it!!

11:32 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, He's behind me. I had to be reminded of this douchieness.

Rich, it's ironic that this post is about a douche bag and you want me to read something by another douche bag.

Anon, every family has at least one.

Carmine, he is in a landfill of sorts.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home