Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Step Right Up, If You Dare


I love reading the voters guide. Not so much for finding the facts of issues, but rather to root out the crazy people that think they are qualified to manage a political office. I am rarely ever disappointed. Every voters guide has nuts inside. This year is no exception. Even if you can see the folly of some of the candidates you can at least marvel at the size of Betsy's glasses. I bet she uses Rain-X with those babies.

Funnier yet, it all makes me wonder why anyone in their right mind would submit themselves to go into a public arena for ridicule. Sure losing an election sucks, but getting elected can be even worse. Their ridicule continues for at least four years after the election.

Those who are elected have years of pushing rocks up hill. Little ever gets done because so many people are opposed to things as tiny as dust motes. It might just be that the best campaign promise one can make is to change nothing. Most politicians have lofty goals, but what I say is who could ever beat a candidate that has a platform that says "I plan on making no decisions or changing anything while I am in office."

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I've often thought about that. Running for president and saying "I want to make money and get laid in the White House. I promise I won't start a war or open a series of secret internment camps and if I am elected, I will never make a televised speech during a football game. As a matter of fact, you won't see me at all for the next four years."

Do you think it would work?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Nulaanne said...

I have always thought that the people who should run for office are smart enought not to.

7:30 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, start off as governor to get a track record.

Nulaanne, I'd like to see all those stupid big mouth pundits arm chair quarterbacks run just to see their opinions are totally wrong.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home