Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Nuff Said


It is very interesting that how when you communicate with some people you really have to go into deep detail and then you have to compare impressions and somehow come to a consensus.

I'm a relative quiet person. I speak a lot less than most men and I prefer a quieter approach to speaking.

I realized today that I have an excellent communication relationship with my friend Blue Mamba. We can say volumes with inference rather than speaking. We have a mutual friend, so I asked her if she had spoken to our friend, and she said, yes. At that point I knew that she knew what I knew and the conversation on that topic was over. Had she answered "no" that conversation would have been over as well and that would have prompted her to seek out our mutual friend for the scoop.

We limit our words as one may limit typed characters while typing text messages. We have no over statements.

4 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I've had a few friends like that over the years. We can get whole volumes across with a word or a nudge or a wink. With some people tho I tend to over communicate. I'm a compulsive natterer. It depends on who is receiving the transmission I guess.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always refreshing to encounter unbridled arrogance and ignorance.

12:00 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, mystery ain't it.

Anon 1, Nuff said.

Anon 2, Now that's an over statement.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I went out last night and sat across from an old high school friend. We don't see each other often, but when we do connect it's amazing how much we can communicate with just a raised eyebrow or a look. I like that.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home