Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Books


One thing always leads to another. While I was looking for the Juana Molino video I posted yesterday I came across another Folktronica Indie Group, The Books. Though some of their other videos can grate on your nerves, their music strikes me as really interesting. I can vouch for their collection called Then Way Out. It is a great collection for someone with a short attention span, such as myself.

Their works are not what I would call straight-ahead compositions, but rather each piece is a collection of curiosities all rolled together like a display case in a novelty store.

The Books Video

2 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

In 2004, the French Ministry of Culture asked The Books to compose music for a new elevator in their building.

What can you say after that?

4:47 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I guess Brian Eno wasn't available.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home