Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The New Truck


It isn't actually new. It's older than my present truck but it has fewer miles. Though my present truck has an eight cylinder engine it is still rated as a half ton and sometimes I felt like I was overworking it with the hauling I was doing. A friend was moving from her 3/4 ton truck to a one ton and she agreed to sell me her old truck. Not only did she agree, but she bought her new truck in September and held on to the 3/4 ton for me until this month when I could afford to pay for it. It doesn't have all the whiz-bang gizmos my old truck has, but it has been well maintained and is much more suitable for the towing that I do.

One of my first surprises was the size of the fuel tank. I have no idea how big it is, but I got the truck with a half tank of fuel and I added a hundred dollars more fuel to it and it still wasn't full.

Tomorrow I will post a story about my first harrowing adventure with the new truck.

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Our pickup has two gas tanks. These days Cliff only uses one tank; it costs too much to keep them both full.

4:04 AM  
Blogger mark said...

Few things are as exciting as a new truck. Ford? Chevy? Dodge? Tonka?

7:46 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

A $200.00+ gas tank isn't a truck, it's an aircraft carrier.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Walt said...

$100 in gas? Prices change, so how much was that in gallons?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Torque filled engine, seat, gas pedal, brake, speedometer, and heater. All the rest is luxury in my world. The more basic the less to break down. My son's big Chevy dual wheel 4X4 monster holds 56 gallons. He keeps it full in case the price jumps overnight, which happens far too often.

12:08 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, it's a good idea to keep them full in the event of a disaster, then you can sell it if necessary for food. Kind of a Mad Max world.

Mark, A Jimmy.

Darev, it was weird. and I hate it when this happens. It read totally full for the first hundred miles, but by the time I hit the next hundred miles it was below half a tank.

Costco, $3.35

Mike, it is easier to poke around in the engine compartment, but I miss being able to plug in my MP3 player and I miss knowing what the outdoor temp is. But it does have a transmission temp gauge. I'm liking that!

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home