Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Hay


I got a load of hay today and I'm almost glad I don't have the capacity to store more than 35 bales. One reason is that if something happens where the hay gets wet it will mold and that can kill horses. Another reason is that I no longer have the strength I had just a few years ago and stacking hay higher then five rows high is a major chore.

Today I only got 30 bales. It is a short five step walk from the horse trailer to the hay room, but only after stacking fifteen bales I had to take a short break before finishing the job.

Fortunately we just sold one of our horses, so this hay should last me three months. We are hosting another horse, but her hay is brought in by her owner. I'm glad I'll be able to coast for a while and hope I'll have a little more stamina when the weather improves the next time I get hay.

4 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

It really sucks, dunnit? That transition point in your life when you go from "I could do this all day long!" to "Holy snap! I can't do this anymore!" At that point you buy less beer and more Bayer.

7:17 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, it must be really hard with your job.

5:42 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

You are throwing off my whole morning routine, you know!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine too. *pouts*

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home