Friday, February 18, 2011

What The Hell Is Going On In Arkansas?


I've got this app called Latest Quakes and it shows where all the recent earth quakes have happened and what their magnitude was. Reviewing the last couple of days I was lead to pen the title above, "What the hell is going on in Arkansas?"

There are these two towns North of Little Rock, oddly one is named Guy, the other is called Greenbrier and they have been getting quaked for some time now. Just in the last 24 hours at the time I'm writing this there have been ten quakes.

Generally quakes under 2.9 magnitude aren't felt, however they still register and there have been over 500 quakes in the region since September.

Check out this site for some detail Arkansas Earthquake.

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I wonder if those towns are near the New Madrid faultline.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sun spots.

8:25 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I just heard about that myself last night and it concerns me deeply. That's only a couple of hundred miles away from me and I do believe it's part of the New Madrid fault line which also runs through here. This whole area is so riddled with old mine shafts that if we ever have a major quake we are most surely screwed.

8:54 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Some are blaming fracking. I guess they are drilling and fracking rock for natural gas.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Walt said...

From watching the SyFy Channel ... I know it's some horrible underground monster. Make sure you have plenty of firepower, and a good pair of running shoes.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home