Sunday, February 13, 2011

Half Full?


Some times I crack myself up.

I don't often reply to a lot of blog posts of others. The reason is I find it hard to add things to what people have already written. A good post usually says it all without my input, but sometimes I can't resist.

QuandleQueen recently had a post about looking at things as the glass being half full or half empty. Normally my comment would be that the glass was over-engineered.

The post was specifically about how one would react, positively or negatively to being at a scrapbooking convention.

I couldn't resist so I replied:

Had I found myself at a scrapbooking convention my story would have been written like this: After a momentary pause and realizing where I was, I said to myself, "So, it's come to this, has it?" Then I inserted the gun into my mouth...

7 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Hoo whee.... Good thing my wife doesn't read your blog. She'd use the other end of the pistol on your head for that one. Approximately one fifth of our house is devoted to scrapbooking. If the place ever caught fire, there's enough paper products in here to burn for a month.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scrapping is weird. i stay away.

8:39 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, I feel for you, Brother.

Anon, Wise choice. Funny I haven't heard from any defenders yet.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen brother! the only good thing about scrap booking is it makes my sister in law easy to shop for.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Guy said...

Anon, sounds like you could also stick her in a corner with a flash light.

6:51 PM  
Blogger qandlequeen said...

Having attended plenty of gatherings of middle-aged women in large convention halls for multiple days and even more weekends with teenaged girls and their mothers... I can see how such events would be suicide inducing for the testosterone crowd. That said, I love going. Total chick fest - crying, crowns, gossiping and goofy ass dresses. I even bought an obnoxious all purple floor length gown that was not nearly as pretty as the penny spent on it. My mom nearly knocked me to the floor insisting I give it to her. After I wore for the two obligatory events it was gladly passed on.

It's a chick thing, you wouldn't understand.

12:34 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

QQ, I've been known to love hanging out with the ladies, but that would be above and beyond my tolerance.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home